Nowhere is there greater waste than in the inflated salaries and bonuses given to a few favoured employees despite a track record of total failure. Here is another example of where members' money is being wasted on salaries.
If you're in City Tatts on a regular basis you will know that staff morale is plummeting. The main cause of this is resentment at the insane salaries given to a few senior employees regardless of results, while the majority of staff are on award wages. The main focus of this resentment at the moment is Tania Purdey.
Tania Purdey is paid $150,000 a year !
That's right, we have been told by a number of sources that she is now being paid $150,000 a year.
Why is Tania Purdey paid $150,000 a year?
Naturally, we were curious to learn why a fairly new employee with no particular role would be paid $150,000, especially when the Club is cutting back in so many areas. Well, we asked around and these were the replies we got:
- "She works closely with Tony Guilfoyle"
- "Tony Guilfoyle takes a keen interest interest in her performance"
- "She has a special relationship with Tony Guilfoyle"
- "She performs certain duties better than Jan Elks"
Speaking of things we don't understand, there was a trip to Hamilton Island in 2011 by four employees of City Tatts. At the Club's AGM in May members asked the Chairman about it and managed to get some information on it. Like so much about the Club these days the more you find out the stranger it seems:
- This trip was paid for by a radio station, MIX 106.5. We are not sure why a radio station would be so generous but then they have received at least $3 million from City Tatts since Tony Guilfoyle became CEO so some token of gratitude would probably be in order.
- The four employees were Tony Guilfoyle, Tania Purdey, Mark Cooper and The Hyphenator (Lisa-Faye Tudhope-Wickham).
- While at Hamilton Island it seems that Guilfoyle then travelled backwards and forwards between Fiji (where his family was), Sydney and Hamilton Island. No, we don't understand this either.
We are starting to worry that Tania Purdey might send the Club broke. And we don't just mean her inflated salary. We mean her cleaning bill.
A recent strange incident highlighted the precarious position of the Club. It seems that a dry-cleaner refused to release uniforms cleaned for City Tatts because they had not being paid for months. This seemed unlikely to City Tatts staff so they asked for copies of the unpaid bills in order to follow it up with the City Tatts accounts department. But when the bills arrived they were found to include dresses which did not come from City Tatts. Apparently the dresses were for Tania Purdey !
Save City Tatts Committee